Hoist Operator – Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
We are growing and looking to add 4 Hoist Operators to our team in Kitchener-Waterloo.
If you are interested in growth opportunity, dependable, and possess a positive attitude we want to hear from you!
- Operating Hoist to transport employees and equipment to various floors of high rise building.
- Completing and recording pre-shift inspections on hoist equipment and cables.
- Reporting malfunctions or deficiencies to supervisor.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining Hoist area.
- Other duties as required.
- Previous work experience on a construction site is preferred.
- Previous hoist experience is considered an asset.
- Valid Hoist Operator Certification or interest in training to become certified.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to lift.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety protocols on a construction site and demonstrates a safety conscious mindset.
This position is physically demanding and requires commitment to working safe on our sites.
Compensation: $24 – $26 an hour.
VanMar Constructors is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email