Human Resources Manager – Cambridge, ON
We are looking to add an experienced Human Resources Manager to our dynamic team of professionals at our Head Office in Cambridge, ON.
Reporting to the President, the Human Resources Manager is an integral member of the management team, acting as a strategic HR advisor across the company and as a role model of the company’s values. Accountable for ensuring HR strategy and services. are aligned with the company’s strategic objectives and supportive of the corporate mission, the Human Resources Manager provides leadership and expert advice on a wide range of human resources issues and leads the full range of HR functions and services including, but not limited to, organizational effectiveness, employee relations, consulting services, talent management, and compensation.
This position will be responsible for managing the Payroll & HR Clerk.
- Facilitates management level actions to include: performance management, attendance management, promotions, progressive discipline, and terminations before implemented.
- Acts as a consultant/coach to management on issues of significant organizational importance.
- Responsible for the management of the human capital of the organization and focuses on implementing processes and policies to ensure the success of the business through its people.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement and execution of new corporate HR initiatives.
- Oversees the implementation of various HR programs.
- Increases the understanding and consistent application of company policies.
- Performs confidential investigations and may provide input to the investigation performed by others; elevates matters as needed to the next level.
- Manages unsolicited employee relation calls and letters; ensures each issue is resolved fairly according to employment law guidelines as well as company policy.
- Ensures compliance with various legislation including, ESA, Human Rights Code, Labour Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, etc.
- Manages complex employee relation matters concerning accommodations, short- and long-term disability claims, leaves of absences, WSIB claims, and safe and early return to work.
- Compile and interpret HR analytics to make decisions and map strategic HR planning
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Consults with managers to develop staffing plans and create individual team member development and career plans.
- Develops communication and training on compensation, and performance management topics for team leaders and team members.
- Develop, design, deliver training programs, and identify mentoring for employees and managers.
- Apply and maintain corporate compensation philosophy and policies.
- Analyze strategic compensation and internal/external contributing factors.
- Manages the company pay grade system.
- Increases the understanding of the various Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Works closely with Union Reps and maintains positive working relationships.
- Leads collective bargaining, grievance management, arbitration, and ensures compliance with the CBA.
- Addresses any internal or external inquiries relating to the Union(s).
- Works closely with managers to develop concrete framework that can be used to gather information about employee performance, provide feedback, and discuss goals with employees that align with organization’s objectives.
- Identify and develop performance standards based on job-related requirements derived from job analysis, job descriptions, and job specifications.
- Provides training to performance review evaluators.
- Coordinates and manages 360-Degree evaluation program.
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
- Leads recruitment initiatives by implementing effective recruiting and hiring practices to attract and retain top talent and meet resources needs.
- Creation and maintenance of job descriptions that identify key knowledge, competencies, skills, and attributes required for the ongoing success of the organization.
- Responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of comprehensive strategies and programs to ensure that the organization possesses the talent practices to sustain growth and remain competitive in the market (i.e. organizational design and talent management).
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR leadership role.
- Post-secondary education; Undergraduate and/or College Diploma in the area of HumanResources.
- CHRP Designation preferred.
- Solid understanding, knowledge and application of Human Resources Management policies, best practices, and employment legislation.
- Strong track record of building relationships, gaining deep industry knowledge and providing pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs.
- Extensive experience working closely with internal clients on complex/sensitive issues and demonstrates discretion and ability to handle confidential and private information appropriately.
- High integrity: A clear commitment of the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
- Considers alternative points of view, comfortable with ambiguity able to maintain focus on desired outcomes during situations and handle resistance with confidence.
- An effective communicator – a high level of professionalism of language both written and verbal and a confident presenter.
- Ability to grasp complex business issues to contribute to effective solutions to drive business success.
- Strong negotiation skills to effectively resolve employee relation issues.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email