Payroll & HR Clerk
We are growing and looking to add an experienced Payroll and HR Clerk to our dynamic team of
professionals at our Head Office located in Cambridge, ON.
As the successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources & Operations, and will be responsible for the timely processing of payroll and remittances as well as providing functional administrative support to the HR department manager.
- Prepare, verify, and process all employee payroll related payments, including regular pay, benefit payments, and special payments such as bonuses and vacation pay (3 pay cycles).
Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments, etc.
- Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies or escalates to management as required.
- Ensures hourly timecards are setup with proper cost codes aligned with project budget.
- Prepare and submit monthly CRA and WSIB remittances.
- Prepare and submit union withholdings and reporting.
- New employee onboarding set up.
- Record of Employment (ROE) processing and submittal in keeping with governing timelines and company policies and procedures.
- T4 and Auto Taxable Benefit administration.
- Benefit administration including employee additions, deletions, and changes as well as updating fringe benefits and deductions.
- Assists in maintaining and updating records of employee attendance, leave, and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements.
- Company IT asset allocations to new and existing employees, procurement, repairs, upgrade management under the direction of Human Resources department head.
- Respond to internal client inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Human Resources department such as the composition of correspondence, maintaining resources, processing department mail, etc.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by Human Resources department head.
- A post-secondary diploma in Business or Office or Payroll Administration, Accounting, or Human Resources and/or related equivalent experience.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a payroll and/or supportive clerical/administrative capacity within a Human Resources or Accounting department.
- Knowledge of Payroll Compliance Legislation.
- Knowledge of Introductory Accounting and Accounting Principles including the recording, analysis, and reporting of financial information.
- Knowledge of office administration and clerical practices and procedures.
- Sage/Timberline Software experience is preferred.
- Advanced abilities in a computerized environment utilizing software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), HRIS, and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven, environment.
- Ability to function effectively within a team and collaborate well with staff, colleagues, and managers.
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email