Site Clerk/On-Site Project Coordinator – Kitchener, ON
We are looking to add a Site Clerk/On-Site Project Coordinator to our dynamic team of professionals. As a growing company, we are looking to give the right individual an opportunity to excel within our organization. This position will be held at project in the Kitchener-Waterloo area.
Reporting to the Project Manager and Site Superintendent, the Site Clerk/On-Site Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting duties for a project and will work closely with the site and project management team.
Including, but not limited to:
- Works closely with Project Manager(s), Site Superintendent and assistants, consultants, trades, relevant trade foreman, inspectors and regulatory agencies.
- Read and understand shop drawings.
- Assist in planning and coordinating site activities including meetings and taking minutes as required.
- Provide and maintain all administrative duties required for the project including but not limited to:
- Maintain a daily construction log in conjunction with Project Manager(s) and Site Superintendent(s)
- Maintain all project related schedule, drawing, test and inspection logs in conjunction with Project Manager(s) and Site Superintendent(s)
- Prepare and issue project purchase orders in conjunction with Project Manager(s) and Site Superintendent(s)
- Prepare and maintain various files for purchaser agreements
- Prepare and maintain various communication/documentation with head office and site
- Enforce safety policies as required
- Other work and tasks related to company’s objective, or as required by the Site Superintendent(s), Project Manager(s), or Sr. Management.
- CET or AscT designation or Engineering background.
- 3+ years experience in the general construction industry.
- Previous experience in high and mid rise residential construction.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office & Project, Timberline, Construction Management Software, Primavera, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of Procore is considered an asset.
- Field experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Organized with an attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize among a multitude of tasks.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
VanMar provides excellent benefits and compensation commensurate to experience within the industry.
VanMar is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Successful external candidates will be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of the employment offer prior to the commencement of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.Submit your resume by email