Location: 4151 Norland Avenue, Burnaby, BC
Start: August 20, 2013
Completion: January 18, 2015
Budget: $17,000,009Principles Involved:
- Owner: Dania Home Society
- Design Build Contractor: VanMar Constructors Inc.
- Architect: Neale Staniszkis Doll Adams Architects
- Funding Partner: Fraser Health Authority
Contact: Jack Clerkson (Principal) CPA Development Consultants 100 - 283 East 11th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T 2C4 Phone: 604-875-0554 | Email: [email protected]
Description of Project:
- 102 bed complex care facility (68 complex care beds and 34 convalescent beds).
- VanMar was selected as the design build contractor through a competitive interview process.
- Large commercial kitchen sized to service other buildings on the campus.
- Future independent living expansion potential for a campus of care.
- Extensive site development and stormwater detention plan.
- Complex tree retention and environmental protection plan.
- Unique neighbourhood designs comprised of 6 neighbourhoods of 17 beds each.
- Lift systems installed throughout all buildings.
- Jeff Marin (VanMar)
- Cody Voorhorst (VanMar)
- Bob Fawdry (VanMar)
- Dan Olsen, President (Dania Home Society)
- Margaret Douglas Matthews, Executive Director (Scandicare)
- Larry Adams (Neale Staniszkis Doll Adams Architects)
- Brian Dust, Architect (NSDA Architects)