Location: Vancouver, BC
Start: April 3, 2006
Completion: September 14, 2007
Budget: $18,000,000Principles Involved:
- Building Owner: UBC Properties Trust
- Contractor: VanMar Constructors Inc.
- Architect: Integra Architecture Inc.
Contact: Hanson Ng UBC Properties Trust Suite 101, 555 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, BC Phone: 604-731-3103 | Fax: 604-731-2130
Description of Project:
- VanMar Constructors Inc. was selected as Construction Manager at Risk.
- Student Rental Housing Project on the UBC Campus
- 3 and 4 storey wood frame building constructed on underground parkade.
- 7 separate buildings consisting of 126 units totalling 95,354 sq.ft.
- 4 buildings will be above the parkade, 3 buildings are entirely separate.
- 85 underground parking stalls and 7 surface disabled parking stalls are provided.
- 284 bicycle stalls will be allocated.
- Hardiplank and masonry cladding.
- Asphalt shingle roof.
- REAP Certified and 2008 Power Smart Excellence Award.
- Art Van Maren (VanMar)
- Robert Horvath (VanMar)
- Dale Staples (Integra Architecture Inc.)
- Hanson Ng (UBC Properties Trust)