Location: 1134 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC
Start: March 1, 2012
Completion: March 1, 2014
Budget: $23,800,000Principles Involved:
- Building Owner: The Kettle Friendship Society
- Contractor: VanMar Constructors Inc.
- Architect: DYS Architecture
Contact: Sheila McLaughlin Terra Housing Consultants 1848 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC, V5N 4A5 Phone: 604-639-0734 | Fax: 604-736-5800
Description of Project:
- VanMar Constructors Inc. was hired on a fixed price contract.
- 16 storey cast-in place concrete structure.
- 141 residential units and 3 floors of amenity/office/program space totalling 103,995 sq.ft.
- Residential units operated by The Kettle Friendship Society to provide affordable housing to homeless at-risk.
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver/Directions Youth Services Centre operates L1 & L2 to provide support to homeless and youth at risk.
- Project is targeting LEED Gold Certification.
- 2 commercial kitchens used by Directions Youth Services and The Kettle Friendship Society.
- On site contaminated ground water treatment system.
- Metal and masonry cladding.
- Art Van Maren (VanMar)
- Jeff Marin (VanMar)
- Mike Denbok (VanMar)
- Colin Shrubb (DYS Architecture)
- Jason Minard (DYS Architecture)
- Janet Smith (The Kettle Friendship Society)